Policies and Guidelines
JCTIE Policies and Guidelines
- Journal Description
- Aim and scope
- Objectives of the Journal
- Type of Publication
- Submission Process through OJS
- Peer Review Process.
- Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
- Reviewer Guidelines
- Fair play
- Publication conditions and process
- Plagiarism Policy
- Terms of Publications (Policy Statement)
- Open Access Policy
- Open Access License
- Contract Information
The Journal of Contemporary Trends and Issues in Education (JCTIE) is an online international, open access, double-blind peer-reviewed journal that is published twice a year. The Journal of Contemporary Trends and Issues in Education accepts original articles on creative and innovative ways to explore the recent educational trends in the global and local arena, issues pertaining to the practices, policies, and research in education. The JCTIE welcomes original manuscripts, empirical studies, systematic literature reviews, meta-analyses, and case studies, in the field of education utilizing qualitative, quantitative, and mixed-method techniques.
The Journal of Contemporary Trends and Issues in Education (JCTIE) is an online international, multi-disciplinary, open access, double-blind peer-reviewed journal that aims to promote evaluative, integrative, theoretical, and methodological research on contemporary trends and issues in education. It offers opportunities to research scholars and practitioners to share their innovative research findings, theoretical and conceptual development, and scholarly discussions which have practical implications in the field of Education.
The aims of JCTIE are to promote evaluative, integrative, theoretical, and methodological research on contemporary trends and issues in education. It offers opportunities to research scholars and practitioners to share their innovative research findings, theoretical and conceptual developments, and scholarly discussions which have practical implications in the field of Education.
The journal's mission is to promote creative and innovative ways to explore the recent trends and issues in the field of education and resolve these issues in present-day education through research activities. JCTIE aims to familiarize the educational members (Teachers, teacher educators, educational psychologists, researchers, curriculum planners, administrators, and policymakers) with issues and trends in education through research. Teachers, counsellors, supervisors, administrators, curriculum planners, and educational researchers will find the journal to be a useful resource as they contemplate the form of tomorrow's curricula. The JCTIE publishes bi-annually. The research scope/areas include, but are not limited to:-
- Information and communication technologies for education
- Globalization and Education
- Innovation in teaching and learning
- Leadership in 21st Century Educational Institutions
- Teacher Education
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Learning Environment
- Educational policies and practices
- Educational Assessment
- Vocational Training / Education
- 21st Century skills
- Faculty Development Programs
- Collaborative learning
- Environmental Education
The core objectives of the JCTIE are:
- To disseminate and promote quality research, good practice and innovation in all aspects of education, including educational practice and research as well as management of educational units, to its prime audience including educators, researchers, post-graduate students, policymakers, and education practitioners.
- To encourage international scientific cooperation and understanding, and enhancing multi-disciplinary research across various educational sectors.
- To It seeks to familiarize specialists and all interested readers with the latest achievements of scholars from various knowledge areas in resolving issues in present-day education, facilitate the development of interinstitutional and international scholarly partnership in the frame of relevant scholarly issues, and boost the scholarly ethics and publication activity of young researchers.
- To publish scholarly articles that introduce innovative approaches to resolving issues in present-day education from the perspective of various sciences, scholarly paradigms and methodological approaches, as well as peer reviews of scholarly and research-and-methodology publications and surveys of scholarly activities on contemporary trends and issues in the Education.
- To present the reader with a variety of theoretical and empirical data and feature the latest methodological approaches to resolving current issues in education, as well as its continued focus on the diversity of opinions, researcher stances, worldview concepts, and interdisciplinary approaches to resolving issues in education.
The journal considers following types of scholarly work for publication in the field of Education:
- Empirical Research Articles: original research in any of the sub areas of Education field.
- Reviews: Reviews of recent developments, discoveries, improvements, theories, methodologies and ideas in the field of Education.
- Systematic Literature Review / Meta-Analysis
All submission goes through the journal’s Open Journal System (OJS). Authors are requested to check the journal website and submit manuscripts on the journal’s OJS portal. All corresponding, editorial decisions, review processes, comments, discussion, changes and revisions are conducted in the OJS platform.
The first paper will go for a similarity check and upon below 15% similarity index /no plagiarism manuscript's review process will be initiated. A full double-blind refereeing process will be used that will comprise the following steps:
- JCTIE will accept original manuscripts in the field of education for the review process.
- Initially, the editor will assess the submitted manuscript for match/mismatch with the scope of the journal, quality of content, and formatting of the paper. Only manuscripts that journal criteria will be accepted.
- Before the referees' review, the editor may consult the experts where necessary.
- After the editor's decision, the manuscript will be forwarded to two reviewers (national and international) experts in their fields. The reviewer will assess the paper on the novelty of the idea, relevance, and quality of the manuscript. If both the reviewers differ in their opinion regarding the submitted manuscript based on the given criteria, the manuscript will be referred to the third reviewer.
- The reviewers' recommendations determine whether a paper will be accepted/accepted subject to minor modifications / subject to resubmission with significant changes / rejected.
- For papers which require changes, the same reviewers will be used to ensure that the quality of the revised paper is acceptable.
- The decision regarding the acceptance of the paper will be based on the reviewers' feedback.
The Journal of Contemporary Trends and Issues in Education (JCTIE) follows the editorial guidelines and policies of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) in letter and spirit and operates according to HEC guidelines and policies. In view of that, the authors, the reviewers, and the editors are expected to follow the best-practice guidelines provided by HEC and COPE.
The JCTIE follows the COPE Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers set out the basic principles and standards to which all peer reviewers should adhere during the double-blind peer-review process. It is therefore expected that peer reviewers should:
- only agree to review manuscripts for which they have the subject expertise prerequisite to carry out a proper assessment and which they can assess in a timely manner
- respect the confidentiality of peer review and not reveal any details of a manuscript or its review, during or after the peer-review process, beyond those that are released by the journal
- not use information obtained during the peer-review process for their own or any other person’s or organization’s advantage, or to disadvantage or discredit others
- declare all potential conflicting interests, seek advice from the journal if they are unsure whether something constitutes a relevant interest
- not allow their reviews to be influenced by the origins of a manuscript, by the nationality, religious or political beliefs, gender or other characteristics of the authors, or by commercial considerations
- be objective and constructive in their reviews, refraining from being hostile or inflammatory and from making slanderous or derogatory personal comments
- acknowledge that peer review is largely a reciprocal endeavour and undertake to carry out their fair share of reviewing in a timely manner
- provide journals with personal and professional information that is accurate and a true representation of their expertise
- recognize that impersonation of another individual during the review process is considered serious misconduct
The editor and reviewers evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
The journal will accept all the original work having the following characteristics;
- The manuscript must be original and not be under consideration for publication in other journals.
- The journal will accept all those manuscripts, which would fulfill the agreement condition of all the authors.
- After receiving the manuscripts, the authors will be informed about the validity of the manuscript via email as well through their OJS portal.
- The review process can take two to three months.
- The authors will be informed throughout the acceptance, changes, and publication process.
JOURNAL OF CONTEMPORARY TRENDS AND ISSUES IN EDUCATION (JCTIE) believes in zero tolerance for plagiarism. It should be kept in consideration that the research papers ought to be free from plagiarism. All ethical considerations must be in exercise for the publication of the paper.
Authors are instructed to adhere following terms:
- The paper must be submitted on the understanding that it has not been published anywhere.
- The submitted papers should not be under review or considered by another journal.
- The submitted paper should be the original work of the author(s).
- The corresponding author is responsible for ensuring that the article’s publication has been approved by all the co-authors (if any)
The Journal of Contemporary Trends and Issues in Education is an open-access journal published bi-annually. The accepted manuscripts are readily available on the JCTIE website for all readers to read, download, print, copy, distribute, search, or link to the full texts of its articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose. The journal offers open access to all the published content for serving the greater cause and ease of exchanging/spreading knowledge to the masses. Reproduction and distribution of any published material require acknowledgement of the author and proper citation.
The published research work by this journal is licensed under:
Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
All enquiries concerning the publication of accepted papers should be addressed to
- Principal Contact