About the Journal
The Journal of Contemporary Trends and Issues in Education (JCTIE) is an online international, open access, double-blind peer-reviewed journal that is published twice a year. The Journal of Contemporary Trends and Issues in Education accepts original articles on creative and innovative ways to explore the recent educational trends in the global and local arena, issues pertaining to the practices, policies, and research in education. The JCTIE welcomes original manuscripts, empirical studies, systematic literature reviews, meta-analyses, and case studies, in the field of education utilizing qualitative, quantitative, and mixed-method techniques.
Aim and scope
The Journal of Contemporary Trends and Issues in Education (JCTIE) is an online international, multi-disciplinary, open access, double-blind peer-reviewed journal that aims to promote evaluative, integrative, theoretical, and methodological research on contemporary trends and issues in education. It offers opportunities to research scholars and practitioners to share their innovative research findings, theoretical and conceptual development, and scholarly discussions which have practical implications in the field of Education.
The aims of JCTIE are to promote evaluative, integrative, theoretical, and methodological research on contemporary trends and issues in education. It offers opportunities to research scholars and practitioners to share their innovative research findings, theoretical and conceptual developments, and scholarly discussions which have practical implications in the field of Education.
The journal's mission is to promote creative and innovative ways to explore the recent trends and issues in the field of education and resolve these issues in present-day education through research activities. JCTIE aims to familiarize the educational members (Teachers, teacher educators, educational psychologists, researchers, curriculum planners, administrators, and policymakers) with issues and trends in education through research. Teachers, counsellors, supervisors, administrators, curriculum planners, and educational researchers will find the journal to be a useful resource as they contemplate the form of tomorrow's curricula. The JCTIE publishes bi-annually. The research scope/areas include, but are not limited to:-
- Information and communication technologies for education
- Globalization and Education
- Innovation in teaching and learning
- Leadership in 21st Century Educational Institutions
- Teacher Education
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Learning Environment
- Educational policies and practices
- Educational Assessment
- Vocational Training / Education
- 21st Century skills
- Faculty Development Programs
- Collaborative learning
- Environmental Education
Core Objectives of the Journal
The core objectives of the JCTIE are:
- To disseminate and promote quality research, good practice and innovation in all aspects of education, including educational practice and research as well as management of educational units, to its prime audience including educators, researchers, post-graduate students, policymakers, and education practitioners.
- To encourage international scientific cooperation and understanding, and to enhance multi-disciplinary research across various educational sectors.
- To It seeks to familiarize specialists and all interested readers with the latest achievements of scholars from various knowledge areas in resolving issues in present-day education, facilitate the development of interinstitutional and international scholarly partnership in the frame of relevant scholarly issues, and boost the scholarly ethics and publication activity of young researchers.
- To publish scholarly articles that introduce innovative approaches to resolving issues in present-day education from the perspective of various sciences, scholarly paradigms and methodological approaches, as well as peer reviews of scholarly and research-and-methodology publications and surveys of scholarly activities on contemporary trends and issues in the Education.
- To present the reader with a variety of theoretical and empirical data and feature the latest methodological approaches to resolving current issues in education, as well as its continued focus on the diversity of opinions, researcher stances, worldview concepts, and interdisciplinary approaches to resolving issues in education.
Peer Review Process:
- JCTIE will accept original manuscripts in the field of education for the review process.
- Initially, the editor will assess the submitted manuscript for match/mismatch with the scope of the journal, quality of content, and formatting of the paper. Only manuscripts that journal criteria will be accepted.
- Before the referees' review, the editor may consult the experts where necessary.
- After the editor's decision, the manuscript will be forwarded to two reviewers (national or international) experts in their fields. The reviewer will assess the paper on the novelty of the idea, relevance, and quality of the manuscript. If both the reviewers differ in their opinion regarding the submitted manuscript based on the given criteria, the manuscript will be referred to the third reviewer.
- The decision regarding the acceptance of the paper will be based on the reviewers' feedback.
- The decision of accepting/rejecting the manuscript rests with the Journal Editor.
Open Access Policy
The Journal of Contemporary Trends and Issues in Education is an open-access journal publishing bi-annually. The accepted manuscripts are readily available on the JCTIE website for all readers to read, download, print, copy, distribute, search, or link to the full texts of its articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose. The journal offers open access to all the published content for serving the greater cause and ease of exchanging/spreading knowledge to the masses. Reproduction and distribution of any published material require acknowledgement of the author and proper citation.